Application for admission to PSHS requires the applicants to rank within the uppermost 10% of the graduating class. Thereafter, they should take the National Competitive Examination and their scores should be within the set cut-off score to qualify for admission to the school.
Lateral admission is allowed only in the second year / Grade 8 level, where students seeking entry to PSHS from other schools are admitted to fill in vacated slots after passing an accreditation procedure.
The PSHS Scholars get a monthly stipend in addition to free tuition and free load of textbooks. Uniform, transportation and living allowances are also given to those belonging to low income groups. Scholars are expected to meet the standards of both scholastic achievement and behavior. There are four scholarship categories to which the scholars may be classified. Full, Partial 1, Partial 2, and Special. Classification of a student into any of the scholarship categories is dependent upon factors related to his/her family’s socio-economic status.
|Full||Php 2,500||Php 500|
|Partial 1||Php 1,600||Php 500|
|Partial 2||Php 1,000||Php 500|
Student Services and Facilities
Scholars may avail themselves of various facilities and services that the school offers. Student services include those rendered by the staff in Residence Halls, Library, Guidance, Registrar’s Office, Medical and Dental Clinic.
Starting school year 2012-2013, the PSHSS will follow a six-year academic program – one that remains intensive and extensive in science, mathematics and technology. Students take up Integrated Science in the first two grade levels. Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science are offered for 4 to 6 years. Research will be taken in the last three grade years to allow scholars to integrate and apply the concepts and skills learned in the lower levels. Science, mathematics and technology electives are also offered to prepare the students for courses and careers in basic sciences, engineering and mathematics. While the PSHS curriculum is science and mathematics oriented in its thrust, it is committed to provide a well-rounded academic program for the total development of its students. The humanities and related subjects focus on developing creative and socially responsible citizens through enriched curricular and co-curricular experiences.
The PSHS, through its academic offerings, will produce graduates who demonstrate an understanding of science and mathematical concepts and processes in an integrative way. The PSHS graduate is also expected to have learned the foundations for learning throughout life, the competence to engage in work and be productive, the ability to coexist in fruitful harmony with local and global communities, the capability to engage in critical thinking, and the capacity to transform others and one’s self.
A student should maintain a year level average of 2.5 or better in all subjects. A grade of 5.0 in any subject in the final quarter of the current year will lead to termination of scholarship
Be a SCHOLAR in the prestigious school in Central Luzon
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY1. A grade 6 student from a Department of Education recognized school
2. Belongs to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2014-2015) and has no grade below 80 as certified by the School Principal. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have high aptitude in Science and math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85 in Science and Math and a minimum final grade of 80 in all other subjects
3. A Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country
4. Born on or after June 1, 2001
5. In good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program
6. Be of good conduct
7. Has not taken the PSHS NCE previously
SCHOLARSHIP PRIVELEGES1. Free Tuition
2. Free loan of textbooks
3. Monthly living and/or Uniform allowance
REQUIREMENTS1. Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
2. Two (2) identical recent 1”x1” ID pictures
3. Non-refundable test fee of P100 for private school students only.
4. Original and photocopy of grade 5 report card if the applicant does not belong to the upper 10% of the batch
WHERE TO SECURE/FILE APPLICATION FORMS• Philippine Science High School – Central Luzon Campus (see address above)
• DOST Regional Office, Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga (045) 455-2398
• Provincial Science and Technology Office, Capitol Compound, Balanga City (047)237-3955
For more information you may contact us at :
Provincial Science and Technology Office
Address: Capitol Compound, San Jose, City of Balanga, Bataan
Tel.No.: (047) 237-3955