The Public Employment Service Office or PESO is a one-stop center established to provide employment information and assistance to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) clients and constituents of local government unit (LGUs). It makes available in one roof the various employment promotion and manpower programs and services of the DOLE and other government agencies.
As a means to expand the reach of employment facilitation services of government, PESOs are established in very province, city and municipality throughout the country. They are community based and maintained largely by Local Government Units (LGUs) and a number of Non-Government Organization (NGOs) and schools/colleges/universities.
OBJECTIVES OF PESO
• Ensure the speedy, equitable and efficient delivery of employment services delivery to maximize the impact of various employment programs and services at the grassroots level.
• Serve as referral and information center for the various and programs of DOLE and other agencies presenting the province/area.
• Provide a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options and actually seek assistance they prefer.
• Network with other PESOs within the region and nationwide for job exchange purposes.
a. Employment Referral Services
• Wage Employment Facilitation (local and overseas)
• Self Employment and Livelihood Facilitation
• Employability Enhancement or Training
b. Recruitment Assistance for Employers
c. Employment Information and Guidance Services
WHAT SPECIAL PROGRAMS ARE BEING IMPLEMENTED BY PESO?
• Kabataan 2000
- Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES)
- Work Appreciation Program (WAP)
- Youth Weekend Brigade
• Tulay 2000
• Jobs Fair
• Livelihood and Self-Employment Fair
• Phil Jobnet
• AIR Campaign
• PEOS fro Overseas
HOW TO AVAIL SERVICES
For Employment Seekers:
Report personally to PESO in your respective provincial, city and municipal offices for registration and employment interview.
Inform nearest PESO of the vacancies for job matching.
For Researchers, Planners and LMI users:
Inquire personally and secure available materials at nearest PESO.
PESO EMPLOYMENT PROCEDURE
For more information you may contact us at :
Public Employment Services Office
Address: Capitol Compound, San Jose, City of Balanga, Bataan
Tel.No.: (047) 237-5909 / 237-3268