MAYOR: Hon. Maria Angela S. Garcia
VICE-MAYOR: Hon. Renato M. Matawaran
Sangguniang Bayan Members:
- Hon. Ricardo Cordova De Ausen
- Hon. Martin C. Tongol Jr.
- Hon. Armando M. Buniag
- Hon. Danilo Pantig Dela Cruz
- Hon. Carmen Reyes Muli Sandoval
- Hon. Elizalde Morales Torno
- Hon. Arnold Austria Soriano
- Hon. Manuel Lapid Inza-Cruz
- Hon. Florencio Castro Flores
- Hon. Joel Francisco Abraham
The story goes that even when Dinalupihan was still a barrio of Hermosa, its people manifested a fighting instinct which served them well in the development of their community and in their defense against alien invaders and local criminals. The place got so famous for its fighting spirit that it came to be known as "di-nalupigan" or not conquered. The name "Di-nalupigan" stuck, but as luck would have it, the letter "g" was inadvertently changed to "h" during the registration of its name. Thus, the town with a fighting heart is now known as Dinalupihan.
But whether it is "Di-nalupigan" or Dinalupihan, history is witness to how the residents fought like tigers during the Spanish revolution of 1896 and during the Japanese invasion.
Records show that Dinalupihan was risen into parish in 1856 and place under the patronage of San Juan Bautista.
The town of Dinalupihan gradually rose to heights. It now hosts provincial government offices of the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), NIA, Pag-ibig Fund and the Government Service Insurance (GSIS) that serves Bataan and Zambales public employees. They also have sports facilities like an Olympic size swimming pool, track and field, and a covered basketball court that have been venues for sporting events like the Palarong Pambansa and the CLRAA Meet. A civic center where nationally acclaimed production outfits have showed great stage plays is also in this town as well as the Dinalupihan oval.
Dinalupihan is the only town in Bataan that does not have a shoreline. And is the second smallest in terms of land area (9,252.73 has.) but still has the most number of barangays (46) in the province.
Dinalupihan is located 95 kms. East of Manila and can be reached through the Olongapo-Gapan route via the North Luzon Expressway.
The town has a total land area of 9,252.73 hectares representing 6.69% of the total land area of Bataan.
It is composed of 46 barangays with a total population of 65,152 as of 1995 (NSO Survey)
Dinalupihan is primarily an agricultural town whose main resources are palay, sugar cane, corn, root crops, legumes and fruits including livestock and poultry.
Utilities and Amenities
Major telephone companies servicing the town are Digital Telecommunications (Digitel) and Bayan Telecommunications (BayanTel). Cellular phones are also available through Smart, Mobile and Globe Telecom.
Radio communications Philippines, Inc. (RCPI), provides telegram and telegraph services.
Electricity is provided by Peninsula Electric Cooperative (PENELCO).
The Dinalupihan Water District I serves 19 barangays while other areas use free - flowing pumps and deepwells. On going operation is DWD II which serves Barangay Naparing to Bangal.
The town has a total of 8 banks, 7 schools, 3 hospitals/health facilities, and 4 recreational facilities and public market.
Dinalupihan specializes in the manufacture of "sawali" and torch, food processing, and tinapa (smoked fish) production. The town is also known for its agricultural produce such as palay, sugar cane, corn, root crops, legumes and fruits. Animal raising like poultry and livestock is also a main source of livelihood for the townfolk.
Emerging as one of the potential investment havens in the region, Dinalupihan is primarily suitable for agro-industrial inverstments due to its strategic location and rich agricultural produce.